Friday, September 19, 2008

My First Posting

To start my blog experience...I would like to introduce myself.

I came to Missouri from Japan to attend Drury University three years ago. My hometown is Tokyo which is a big city and it is quite different from Missouri. I grew up in Japan until I came here. When I came here that was actually my first time to communicate with people in English (it was hard!). My first impression of Drury University was “quiet,” although I got used to it now. My first semester was the hardest time for me to adjust American life (by the way, the title of my blog means Yuri’s American life in Japanese). I didn’t know anyone, American culture. I missed my family, dog, friends, school, my house, the Japanese language, etc. Now I know a lot better about American culture and got more used to my American life than my first year. But I have only one year left here. I should learn and have fun as much as possible my senior year at Drury.

I think my blog is going to be about my perspectives as a Japanese student in America!

No comments: