When I was in Japan, I had a car but I drove once a week just for fun. However, it is different here. YOU HAVE TO DRIVE to do anything.
If you walk to go anywhere, people almost look at you as a strange person. When I am in Japan, however, I always walk to grocery stores, stations, or even shopping malls with many shopping bags. For example, when I was in high school, I used to walk for 20 min to the station, take trains for 20 min and then walk for another 20 min from the station to my high school. It is DIFFERENT…. I don’t walk here at all…That’s why I gained 25 pounds in 3 years….
Anyways, I was surprised when I saw all the cars here in the U.S. A lot of people have actually Japanese cars, Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Subaru, Mazda, and Nissan. Though Japanese cars are popular in Japan, people still want to have cars from other countries, like my family. My parents have Volvo and Jeep. I don’t think we have ever had a Japanese car.
Gray parts use right-handed cars. Whenever I go back home I get really confused which one is which. One time I almost drove right side (that was scary).


3 comments:
I know exactly what you mean Yuri!!! I really need a car!
I really enjoy driving, which is good considering how much it's a part of American life, I guess. I'm going to London next semester and I'm actually kind of looking forward to walking more places and not having to buy gasoline or anything.
I wish we could get around by walking. It's so much better for us and on a pretty day it is so pleasant! I agree that if you are walking in Spfd people stare and I don't really think it is safe in a lot of the town. I wish we could change that.
Post a Comment